Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Version 0.61 Release Notes

DanDan
edited January 2 in Insignificant
Kickstarter Update Link
http://kck.st/2CdLDAa

See the Kickstarter update for videos, images as well as our thoughts about the release.

Beta Version 0.61 Release Notes

Features:

The Float status, which allows the player to fly around
ORBs for unlocking Mancy abilities
Papercraft UI Design
Unique Items Inspired By Kickstarter Backers
Underwater Travel
Magic System and Spell Creation
Compendium featuring a World Map and Tutorial
Tamagacha
NPC combat
Virtual Reality Mode (plug in your VR Headset and activate VR mode in the options menu)
Configuration Options, including Difficulty Options (partial)
Character Creation
Combat
First Person/Third Person Modes (v key or click right stick by default)
Music and Sound Effects
Controller and Mouse/Keyboard Support
Interactive NPCs, Doors and Items
Day/Night Cycle
---

In Development:

Certain story progression elements
Misc Statuses and Unfinished Mancy Abilities
Code optimization, and general polishing of game assets
Additional Character Customization Options
---

Addressed Issues:

Jumping and dashing animations have been adjusted to make them look a bit smoother.
Fixed an issue with first person movement that caused the camera to shake way too much.
Adjusted swimming movement to make it more like flying.
Rewrote Cinnabar's dialogue to make him more of a fleshed out character, and added several story progression elements to his area.
Added story flags to certain events, enabling the game to keep track of your story progress more efficiently. (Note, I have added a few workarounds for older saves, and it should be fine to continue your game, but you may still experience some oddities when continuing from an older version).
Added a new area accessible from the top of the Significant Games building.
The ORB on top of this building increases in size when certain criteria are met.
Added a nameplate to Talk window popups.
Triggering multiple Talk window popups should no longer be a problem.
---

Known Issues:

Water does not correctly damage the player, because I accidentally left that feature in debug mode. Enjoy for this version, I guess!

Sometimes an item drop (Boots, specifically) will not appear when it is meant to. This will be fixed in the next version.

For older game saves, items will be randomized due to unavoidable changes in The Code. This shouldn't cause any gameplay harm, but if you encounter any issues with these strange randomized items, beginning the game again or equipping new items will most likely solve them.

Some framerate issues due to a lack of optimization in NPCs and lighting.

Carrot, an Onion Knight, freaks out if he is killed while he is still wearing his hat. He'll stop once it's stolen.

Some ground colliders do not align properly with the ground, making the lower parts of character models appear to sink below the ground. This is a fault in the terrain engine I'm using, and I'll fix this if I can find a solution that doesn't require me to redo all of the terrain in the game.

If you equip gear before entering character creation, that gear will not display properly until leaving the area or re-equipping the gear. We might not fix this, as the player shouldn't have gear at that point.
If you experience any other issues please submit a bug report .
This discussion has been closed.